RELEASE OF FINAL ADMISSION LIST; AND CONTINUATION OF REGISTRATION EXERCISE FOR FRESH AND RETURNING STUDENTS, 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION
This is to inform all candidates who applied for admission into Plateau State University, Bokkos that the University has released the second and final list of candidates admitted into its various degree programmes for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
The list of successful candidates (UTME and DE) is available on the University’s Notice Boards, as well as the University’s website: www.plasu.edu.ng or check your admission status through http://applicants.plasu.edu.ng/Admissions/CheckAdmission
Successful candidates are requested to accept the admission on the approved JAMB website.
Returning students are also required to commence payment of fees and registration of courses online.
The registration exercise which commenced on Tuesday, 25th February, 2020 (but later suspended due to the Covid-19 lockdown), will continue on Monday, 7th December, 2020 to end on Thursday, 31st December, 2020.
The following are the registration procedures for both the fresh and returning students, which should be strictly adhered to:
(2) Go to Bursary Department with evidence of payment of acceptance fee and obtain receipt/Authentication.
(3) Proceed to the Central Registration Officer with evidence of payment of acceptance fee and the following documents for screening and clearance:
i. JAMB UTME or DE Slip
ii. Original O’ Level Result/DE Entry qualification
iii. Original Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
iv. Original Indigene Certificate
v. Two (2) recent Passport Photographs
(4) Candidate then proceeds to the Faculty where the Faculty Registration Officer checks and screens the documents/qualifications for clearance.
(5) After being cleared by the Faculty Registration Officer, the candidate proceeds to pay Tuition fee (see fee schedule below) through any of the channels as in one (1) above; after which a matriculation number is generated for the candidate automatically.
(6) The candidate then presents evidence of payment (RRR print out) of tuition fee to the Bursary Department and obtains receipt/authentication after which a PIN is generated for the candidate’s use by the Bursary.
(7) The prospective student uses the generated PIN to log on to the University’s students’ portal through the website (www.plasu.edu.ng), where he or she enters details of his or her biodata; and print out.
(8) Log on to the University portal through the website for Course Registration using the PIN and then print the completed course Registration Form.
(9) All students should pay the Students Union Government (SUG) yearly dues of One Thousand Naira (N1,000) into UBA Account Number: 2062903163 and submit the evidence of payment to the SUG secretariat. Payment can also be done in cash to the SUG officials at the point of registration.
The candidate returns to the Central Registration Officer at the Academic Affairs Division of the Registry Department to submit photocopies of all credentials listed in (4) above, along with evidence of payment of tuition fees, Copies of Course registration form, Students Information form, Clearance Slip, SUG payment receipt and two (2) recent passport photographs for opening of file.
(11) The candidate’s name is then written in the registration Book by the Registration Officer.
(12) The Candidate reports to Students Affairs Directorate to process his/her accommodation and obtain Students Handbook.
(13) Candidates who have been allocated accommodation will follow the payment procedure as in one (1) above to pay the sum of N10,000.00. Take evidence of payment to Bursary to obtain receipt/authentication.
(14) The candidate reports to the Security Division to process and collect his/her identity card.
(15) Candidate reports to the University Library for documentation.
(16) Candidate proceeds to the University Health Services for documentation and opening of file after filing the Health Services Form which can be obtained from the clinic.
(17) All returning students are required to pay their fees using the procedure outlined in 1 and 2 above. Thereafter, register courses online, print five copies of duly completed course forms for processing by the Academic office in the Registry, Faculty Officers and Departmental registration officers.
(18) Any issue arising from the Registration exercise that cannot be resolved by the Registration Officer should be channelled to the Deputy Registrar, Academic Affairs Division, and subsequently to the Registrar, if need be.
(19) FEE SCHEDULES
Approved fees payable by fresh students is as follows:
Approved fees payable by returning students:
(20) HELP DESK: firstname.lastname@example.org
(21) Adherence to Covid-19 Protocols – All students are required to adhere strictly to Covid-19 safety protocols as approved by NCDC and the Government.
Mr. Amos I. Mallo FCPM
The list of successful candidates (UTME and DE) is available on the University’s Notice Boards, as well as the University’s website: www.plasu.edu.ng.
The registration exercise which commenced on Tuesday, 25th February 2020 (but later suspended due to the Covid-19 lockdown), will continue on Monday, 7th December, 2020 to end on Thursday, 31st December, 2020.
Fresh and returning students are to visit the University’s website for the fee payment schedule and other registration procedure for both the fresh and returning students.
Please note that there will be strict adherence to Covid-19 safety protocols as approved by NCDC and the Government.
Some quick example text to build on the card title and make up the bulk of the card's content.
We pride ourselves in the fact that while studying and learning are a serious business, we make sure our students are relaxed and having fun acquiring and updating their knowledge. We do this consciously through use modern teaching frameworks and technologies with numerous benefits.
Our students can attest to the fact that our team is made up of hardworking, resourceful and dedicated staff helping to provide services and knowledge to our students with the highest known professional standards. Through interactive engagements we are able to improve on our relationship with all stakeholders.
Our staff are given opportunities advance their in their careers to reach the peak through various support and sponsorship programmes by both the Federal Government of Nigeria and Plateau State Government. Staff are sponsored for seminars, workshops, researches and postgraduate programmes both home and abroad.
As a leading citadel of learning in northern Nigeria, PLASU has fully equipped state- of-the-art teaching and learning facilities for all students and staff of the institution; from air conditioned lecture theaters, libraries with relevant catalogs of resources, Laboratories and various virtual learning platform. No wonder we are a top destination for research by academics all over Nigeria.
PLASU is an institution with all the facilities you need to make learning easy and fun. We ensure that we always strive to provide the best to you with the scarce resources at our disposal. We always prioritize the needs of our staff, students and community to ensure that they enjoy an excellent and enjoyable learning environment.
Using smart boards, leveraging various information and communication technologies (Fast Internet connection, smart classes, virtual lectures, PA systems, LMS (learning managment systems), etc. we are able to better deliver knowldge to our students.
With properly ventilated hostels, Air-conditioned lecture theatres, offices, laboratories, farms, libraries, sports facilities etc. everything from educational to extra curicular activities can be comfortably engaged in. Moreso, the climate of Bokkos, Plateau State, Nigeria is always cool and comfortable.
Our students and staff are assured of our commitment to providing a learning system that works. We have developed a system that ensured quality learning experience and assessment system that ensures maximum returns for both staff and students of the university. This is the reason our graduates are known as pace setters in all works of life.
We use technology to deliver lessons in modes easily accessible to all staff and students of PLASU. We are not oblivious of the fact that times are changing and so are modes of delivering instructions, this is why we take advantage of our various social media platforms to share information to staff, students and other stakeholders of our great Univerisity.
Established in 2005, Plateau State University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the large town of Bokkos (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), Plateau. Officially accredited and/or recognized in march 2016 by the National Universities Commission, Nigeria, Plateau State University (PLASU) is a coeducational higher education institution. Plateau State University (PLASU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in several areas of study.