The Vice-Chancellor is please invited to recall that a resource verification visit was carried out by Panels of Experts to the proposed Academic Programmes in Plateau State University, Bokkos, Plateau State with a view to assessing the human and material resources available for their establishment.
I am directed to inform the Vice-Chancellor that the Ag. Executive Secretary has considered and approved the establishment of the full-time mode of the following undergraduate programmes, to be run in the Main Campus of the University with effect from 2023/2024 academic session:
1. B.Sc. Entrepreneurship
2. B.Sc. Ed. Physics
3. B.Sc. Ed. Mathematics
4. B.Sc. Plant Science and Biotechnology
5. B.Sc. Zoology
6. B.Sc. Ed. Biology Education
7. B.Sc. Ed. Chemistry Education
8. B.LIS. Library and Information Science
9. B.A. Ed. English Language
10. B.A. Ed. Religious Studies
I am to add that the approval does not cover the part-time mode of delivery of the programmes.
The Vice-Chancellor is advised to take note of the following issues and ensure they are remedied:
1. B.LIS. Library and Information Science: The following course contents need to be improved on LIS112- Introduction to Information Science and LIS 222, LIS 223 and LIS 326.
The programmes shall bear only the approve title and nomenclature and any change will require the approval of the Commission. The University is enjoined to provide adequate human and material resources for the development and growth of the approved programmes.
Please, accept the assurance of the Ag. Executive Secretary’s highest regards.
Abubakar M. Girei
Ag. Director, Academic Planning
For: Ag. Executive Secretary