Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Post of the Chief Security Officer, Plateau State University, Bokkos
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Must be an Ex-Service man not below the rank of Chief Superintendent of Police or equivalent rank in the other Armed Forces, with genuine evidence of discharge or retirement from service
• Must demonstrate proactive ability and competence in Management of civil security matters, preferably in tertiary institutions of learning.
• Must have obtained relevant training in security service.
• Appreciable knowledge of ICT will be an added advantage.
The Chief Security Officer (CSO) of the University is saddled with the responsibility of all security situations in the University. The Chief Security Officer shall:
1. Be answerable to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day coordination of security of the University campus and properties.
2. Ensure the protection of life and property on the University campus.
3. Ensure the monitoring and prevention of criminal and cult activities on the University campus.
4. Advise the Vice-Chancellor on Security matters
5. Coordinate the activities of all Security Officers
6. Monitor security situations in the University: educate the University community on crime detection and prevention.
7. Carry out other duties as may be assigned.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The General conditions of service are as obtainable in the Nigerian Public University system. The appointment is for period of Two (2) years on contract; and renewable twice subject to satisfactory performance and based on the recommendation of Management and approval of the Governing Council.
Method of Application
All applications and curriculum vitae are to be addressed & forwarded in three (3) copies, addressed to:
The Registrar Plateau State University, Bokkos P.M.B 2012 Jos,
Plateau State, Nigeria.
Applicants should have three (3) referees, at least two (2) of whom should be competent enough to attest to the candidate’s professional standing and character.
Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential report direct to the address above.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than four (4) weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Yakubu F. Ayuba