RELEASE OF ADMISSION LIST; AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR FRESH STUDENTS, 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION
This is to inform all candidates who applied for admission into Plateau State University, Bokkos that the University has released the first list of candidates admitted into its various degree programmes for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
The list of successful candidates (UTME) is available at the University’s Notice Boards, as well as the University’s website: www.plasu.edu.ng or check your admission status through http://applicants.plasu.edu.ng/Admissions/CheckAdmission
Successful candidates are requested to accept the admission on the approved JAMB website.
The registration exercise for fresh students commences on Tuesday, 25th February, 2020 to end on Sunday, 22nd March, 2020.
The following are the registration procedures for the fresh students, which should be strictly adhered to:
- Admitted candidates are to pay acceptance fee of Five Thousand Naira (₦5,000.00) only by generating the RRR on http://fees.plasu.edu.ng and making payment through any of the following channels:
- For Cash payments, visit the closest bank, use the RRR to make a deposit. Make sure Plateau State University, Bokkos is the recipient.
- For ATM Card, USSD or Internet Banking, click the red coloured button with the inscription “Make Payment Now!”, select your preferred method of payment (ATM card, Bank Branch, USSD or QR Code) and make payment.
- Go to Bursary Department with evidence of payment of acceptance fee and obtain receipt/Authentication.
- Proceed to the Central Registration Officer with evidence of payment of acceptance fee and the following documents for screening and clearance:
- JAMB UTME or DE Slip
- Original O’ Level Result/DE Entry qualification
- Original Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
- Original Indigene Certificate
- Two (2) recent Passport Photographs
- Where a candidate’s original result has not been released, he/she can provide a scratch card of the examination body to the screening
- officer to log on to the portal of the examining body to print out a fresh copy of the result and stamp it as proof of verification Completed student’s bio-data form.
- Candidate then proceeds to the Faculty where the Faculty Registration Officer checks and screens the documents/qualifications for clearance.
- After being cleared by the Faculty Registration Officer, the candidate proceeds to pay Tuition fee through any of the channels as in one (1) above; after which a matriculation number is generated for the candidate automatically.
- The candidate then presents evidence of payment (RRR print out) of tuition fee to the Bursary Department and obtains receipt/authentication after which a PIN is generated for the candidate’s use by the Bursary.
- The prospective student uses the generated PIN to log on to the University’s students’ portal through the website (www.plasu.edu.ng), where he or she enters details of his or her biodata; and print out.
- Log on to the University portal through the website for Course Registration using the PIN and then print the completed course Registration Form.
- All fresh students should pay the Students Union Government (SUG) yearly dues of One Thousand Naira (N1,000) into UBA Account Number: 2062903163 and submit the evidence of payment to the SUG secretariat. Payment can also be done in cash to the SUG officials at the point of registration.
- The candidate returns to the Central Registration Officer at the Academic Affairs Division of the Registry Department to submit photocopies of all credentials listed in (4) above, along with evidence of payment of tuition fees, Copies of Course registration form, Students Information form, Clearance Slip, SUG payment receipt and two (2) recent passport photographs for opening of file.
- The candidate’s name is then written in the registration Book by the Registration Officer.
- The Candidate reports to Students Affairs Directorate to process his/her accommodation and obtain Students Handbook.
- Candidates who have been allocated accommodation will follow the payment procedure as in one (1) above to pay the sum of N10,000.00. Take evidence of payment to Bursary to obtain receipt/authentication.
- The candidate reports to the Security Division to process and collect his/her identity card.
- Candidate reports to the University Library for documentation.
- Candidate proceeds to the University Health Services for documentation and opening of file after filing the Health Services Form which can be obtained from the clinic.
- Any issue arising from the Registration exercise that cannot be resolved by the Registration Officer should be channelled to the Deputy Registrar, Academic Affairs Division, and subsequently to the Registrar, if need be.
Approved fees payable by fresh students is as follows:
- Plateau State Indigenes N40,000.00, excluding accommodation of N10,000.00.
- Non-Plateau candidates N90,000.00, excluding accommodation of N10,000.00.
Mr. Amos I. Mallo FCPM